Friday, November 17, 2017

Highly Autonomous Vehicle Validation

Here are the slides from my TechAD talk today.


Highly Autonomous Vehicle Validation from Philip Koopman

Highly Autonomous Vehicle Validation: it's more than just road testing!
- Why a billion miles of testing might not be enough to ensure self-driving car safety.
- Why it's important to distinguish testing for requirements validation vs. testing for implementation validation.
- Why machine learning is the hard part of mapping autonomy validation to ISO 26262

2 comments:

  1. A direct link to a simple PDF file with these slides would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some hosting issues that make that a pain. If you click on the "in" logo in the lower right, that takes you to the slideshare hosting page. There is a "download" button there.

      Delete

Please send me your comments. I read all of them, and I appreciate them. To control spam I manually approve comments before they show up. It might take a while to respond. I appreciate generic "I like this post" comments, but I don't publish non-substantive comments like that.

If you prefer, or want a personal response, you can send e-mail to comments@koopman.us.
If you want a personal response please make sure to include your e-mail reply address. Thanks!

Job and Career Advice

I sometimes get requests from LinkedIn contacts about help deciding between job offers. I can't provide personalize advice, but here are...